Great Wall Marathon 6-day itinerary
The Great Wall Marathon 6-day package offers an incredible tour of Beijing and a stay in rural Jixian. Combine one of the most challenging marathons of a lifetime with an unforgettable holiday.
This 6-day package offers entry to the Great Wall Marathon, a delightful stay in rural Jixian near the venue of the marathon and an exciting tour of Beijing, one of the most fascninating cities in the world.
This marathon and holiday package combines a Beijing tour with a stay in rural Jixian located near the Great Wall Marathon venue. This package is a good option if you want to combine the classic Beijing experience with a touch of rural China. With two nights in the village of Jixian, you'll get a taste of village life before heading back to bustling Beijing after the marathon.
If you want to spend all nights in Beijing, have a look at the 7-day itinerary.
6-day Itinerary - 15 May to 20 May
Package price per person
|Shared Double/Twin||Single supplement|
|3 star||USD 1250||USD 200|
|3.5 star||USD 1280||USD 230|
|4 star||USD 1385||USD 305|
|Optional tours for 6-day itinerary||Date||Price per person|
|Rural China||17 May||USD 75|
|City of Emperors||19 May||USD 62|
|City of People||19 May||USD 56|
Included in the price
- One-way transfer between airport and hotel upon arrival on 15 May 2013. Transfers are shared with other runners arriving around the same time so you may need to wait for around half an hour depending on arrival times.
- 5 nights accommodation
- Meals as stated in the itinerary. Breakfast is American-style buffet when possible. Meals in Jixian are offered according to the itinerary.
- Sightseeing and excursions as stated in the itinerary. Optional tours can be purchased separately.
- The Great Wall Marathon race package on race day which includes: start number, bib chip timing, running T-shirt, supplies on route, Danish medical team and finisher certificate from Marathon Photo. For more information, see Race Info.
- Comprehensive information packet and guide book for the Great Wall Marathon event which includes detailed maps and day-by-day descriptions.
Excluded from the price
- Visa for China
- Return transfer to the airport
- Optional tours which must be booked in advance
- Travel insurance
- Meals not stated in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
The international dialling code for China is +86.
The voltage in China is 220 volts. Most wall outlets support Types A and I. We recommend that you bring a travel plug adaptor along.
China’s currency is the renminbi (RMB).
The time zone is UTC/GMT + 8.
The hotels provide Internet access with varying connectivity and speed.
Health and vaccinations:
All Great Wall Marathon participants must have appropriate travel insurance. Please make sure you have taken out appropriate coverage before travelling to China. Please consult with your physician regarding immunisation recommendations for China.
All travellers are required to have a valid visa for entering the People's Republic of China. Every participant must also have a passport valid past 1 December 2013. Please note that it is your responsibility to be in possession of the necessary travel documents before travelling to China.